How to Refer a Patient to Ridgeview
ASSESSMENT & REFERRAL SERVICES
The Access Center at Ridgeview (770) 434-4567
When a person can no longer manage, it’s time to call Ridgeview. That first phone call may be the only one you need to make. Our Access Center specialists are available 24 hours every day in person or by phone, at no charge, to help sort out troubling situations. Ridgeview provides information about treatment options and insurance coverage; we can set up an immediate appointment for assessment or, if appropriate, can provide referrals.
Our Access Center clinicians are also experienced in working with professionals referring patients to Ridgeview. They can assist in scheduling assessments, admitting patients and offering additional treatment recommendations.
sources may contact the Access Center
directly to refer someone for a free assessment or hospital
admission. Please click on the following link to access the
Referral Source Information Sheet. Follow the
instructions on the form and fax directly to our Access
Center. Please do not scan and email this information. If
you prefer to phone the Access Center, you may do so by
calling the number below and providing the information
requested on the form.
Individuals seeking treatment, family
members and referral sources may contact our Access Center
24 hours a day at (770) 434-4567 or 1 (800) 329-9775.
THE ADMISSION PROCESS
1. Clinical assessment An Access Center clinician will complete a thorough, face-to-face assessment to gather information about current problems as well as behavioral health, medical and family history. The goal is to provide a treatment recommendation based on a patient’s current clinical and physical presentation.
2. Verification of insurance Our admissions staff will verify insurance benefits, often prior to a patient’s arrival at Ridgeview, to confirm that treatment will be covered.
3. Contact referral sources With permission, we will contact any referral sources or outpatient treatment providers. This allows us to communicate about relevant clinical information, thus improving both continuity and quality of care.
4. Consult/assign a Ridgeview physician After every assessment, a Ridgeview physician is consulted in order to obtain a treatment recommendation. If the patient does not have a Ridgeview physician, we will select one based upon treatment needs and insurance company requirements.
5. Precertification of admission When indicated, we will review the clinical findings of our assessment with an insurance company reviewer to obtain authorization for a patient’s admission. Following this process allows patients to more fully access their benefits.
6. Admissions representative An admissions representative will meet with the patient and family to review and obtain signatures on all necessary treatment and financial forms, as well as review insurance benefits and payments.